Employees who love their jobs engage during work hours and non-work hours. Success of companies like Zappos, Disney and Google have something in common. The employees are happy and engaged in the day-to-day culture of the companies. The Importance of Great Culture is what makes a successful company an over-the-top success.
What makes a company Culture-centric
When asked what makes their company culture unique, words you hear are: Happy, flourish, inclusion, or team.
- Zappos-“To make customers happy, we have to make sure our employees are happy first.”
- Virgin Group- Richard Branson, “When you lavish praise on people, they flourish. Criticize, and they shrivel up.”
- Google- “…attracts, retains, and keeps employees happy…having a great culture with awesome perks.”
Happy employees are more productive. Respecting employees by having perks that reinforces their health, parental responsibilities, everyday life, and cohesiveness with other employees during and after business hours creates a culture. Different perks of the successful business cultures:
- Life, Death, health, vision and dental benefits
- Parental leave for new baby or adoption.
- Free or subsidized meals
- Discounted employee purchases for personal items (cell phones, computers, admission to events, etc.).
- Fitness center or discounted fees to fitness establishments.
- Free flu shots and check ups
The business culture during work hours is especially important to productivity.
- Team building activities
- Warm welcoming atmosphere for new and current employees
- Regular, open and inclusive meetings
- Department of employees whose job it is to make the work environment a culture of happy, satisfied and productive employees.
Success by Culture driven companies like Starbucks, Disney, Google and Zappos is not by chance. They work hard to make their employees part of a culture of happy and productive team players. The data show The Importance of Great Culture of these companies is a great example of how businesses spend money to make employees happy, thus increasing productivity and business earnings. To find out more about this or other subjects please contact us.